Fine Art Painting BA (Hons) St Martins School of Art, London.
Loraine’s colourful and rhythmic paintings are inspired by the native wildflowers of the South Downs.
Her work combines the underlying landscape of the spare, rolling hills with a juggle of wildflowers and abstract colour punctuation. The paintings all have an essence of place, with each painting based on a particular part of the landscape; a particular wildflower discovery.
The paintings convey a satisfaction with the bucolic, interwoven with ideas of star watching and myth; a seasonally changing landscape with endless inspiration for the artist.
- Artists Open Houses, Percival Mansions Arts House, May 2023
- The Control Tower, Kings Hill Surrey, August 2002 – October 2022
- The Grange Gallery, Rottingdean, “Cloths of Dreams” 17 August – 4 September 2022
- The Control Tower, Kings Hill Surrey, March 2002 – August 2022
- Artists Open Houses, Percival Mansions Art House May 2022
- DMH Stallard, 6 New Street Square, City of London, EC4A 3B, April 2019
- Percival Mansions Art House, Artists Open Houses (AOH), May 2019
- Cripps, Tonbridge Wells 2019
- Grey Walls Gallery, Brighton Marina 2019
- The Control Tower, Kings Hill Surrey, October 2018 – January 2019
- The Grange Christmas Show December 2018
- Grey Walls Gallery at Laughing Dog, Print Show, December 2018
- Artists Open Houses, Art83 May 2018
- Laughing Dog Gallery, Brighton Marina, August 2018
- The Grange Gallery Rottingdean, 19 March – 15 April 2018
- The Grange Gallery Rottingdean, July 2017
- Artists Open Houses, ArtForty7, May 2017
- Artists Open Houses, AtTheCoachhouse, May 2016
- Royal Academy of Arts “Young Contemporaries”